Amar y Servir

Amar y Servir

Monday, September 28, 2015

Love others because you love them and the Lord.

I have come to realize that God is the one that values my efforts and diligence, and in
return He blesses me with results. . . in the way that He wants to.  So any good work or success we have in the area is not the direct results from our efforts . . . He just wants to give us the opportunity to grow through these experiences and value greater our relationship with Him and our brother and sisters.  

I am far from perfect and have come to understand that I have a long way to go, but as I have prayed daily for my Father to help me have unconditional and unbiased love for everyone, I have found that I have been serving others more and have been more happy.  I can testify that when we lose ourselves in the service of others, we find the true desires within ourselves, that is to serve and love one another.  As we fulfill those righteous desires, not seeking our own, we find the greatest happiness and growth that we could ever imagine.

Love others not because you love yourself.  Love others because you love them and the Lord.

Elder Benson


No comments:

Post a Comment