Amar y Servir

Amar y Servir

Monday, November 23, 2015

Hola!

So this week I have found that a lot of the work we put into
missionary work doesn't get immediate results. Neither do we find that
much of the success that comes is a direct result from our efforts.
As I have thought about that, it has been humbling to see the
perspective it brings as greater understanding comes.

Going through my mission I have seen priorities change and desires
become more god-like.  Things such as having the desire to go and have
fun and be the coolest kid around slowly is converted to the desire to
love others for who they are and strive to be the best asset I can in
the Lord's hand.  Selfish has become selfless.  Lonliness and sadness
is converted to kindness and peace.  Pocrastination is fought and
judgments are lessened.  What used to be important for my pleasure,
has been slowly exchanged for the importance of the happiness of those
around me.

Hard work is developed, Patience is excercised, and faith in the
Lord's great plan grows.  The great work of God, carried out through
the guidance of the Spirit, becomes the source that provides the
strength necessary to carry on and do what he wants done.

I can honestly say that being outside the comfort zone has brought a
greater joy that I never knew had existed before.

Thanks for helping me out.


🌅 Elder Nathan Benson 🌅

No comments:

Post a Comment