Amar y Servir

Amar y Servir

Monday, February 1, 2016

Letter to young men

To start out, I want to say how much I owe to those that were my
leaders in the scouting program.  My life would not be the same
without them.

Throughout the whole process, the fun mutual/scouting activities in
the church and people's backyards, the many memories of the crazy
scouting camp outs, and the many other meetings which don't need to be
listed, I have learned so many valuable lessons.  Lessons of hard work
(long hikes beyond what I knew I could accomplish and those tents that
were not going to set up and put away themselves) , creativeness (some
of those scout cheers we had to put together were quite the pieces of
work), and friendship (some of my greatest lifelong friends and
greatest memories were with those I did all of these adventures with)
all added a great sense of value to my life.

Along with that, probably one of the greatest things that I was able
to experience on these trips, was growing my testimony of the Savior
with my friends and fellow leaders.  What I have come to realize on my
mission is that one of the greatest things that we can have in this
life are the relationships we have.  Those countless merit badge
classes, and those countless hours that were necessary to complete
them (except for the service hours, those were counted), was where I
was able to develop those relationships.  This is where I became what
I consider to be the best person I could be.

If I would say one thing about scouting, it would be that it is an
amazing way to  provide a way on how to learn new things and find what
we are good at.  As we go through this process, we learn who we truly
are.  Which in turn will help us be better prepared for what the Lord
will require of us..  I understand now that scouting was not only just
to have a good time, but it was to prepare me to be the best person I
can be.

🌅 Elder Nathan Benson 🌅

No comments:

Post a Comment