Amar y Servir

Amar y Servir

Monday, September 1, 2014

My First P Day

Wow that is way awesome! You guys are doing a ton of amazing things! You all have caught fire in the work and it's stronger than I could've imagined. Through hearing of the experiences you are all having back home I continually find my testimony being strengthend. Much as gracias por sus fe y deseo de servir nuestro padre celestial y desarrollar en nuestro habilidad a Predicad su Evangelio.

My new companion is super awesome! He's from chihuahua Mexico so obviously fluent in Español and he's also fluent in English as well. The funny part is that he's just as white as me! Jana ya he's awesome, and we get along great. He's super loving and patient and teaches me a ton of good stuff.

The mission is going great as well.  The first day I get here we started right off working because my trainer hadn't planned for me because he didn't know he was going to be a trainer until after he had already made plans.  So we went right on teaching, and boy am I shocked. There are at least 2 lessons scheduled per day and like 3 backup visits if the lesson falls through.  So basically there is no down time, which is what I like so my thoughts can be focused here and not home.  There are a ton of cool things that have happened this week but I'm short on time so I'm going to tell the highlights. 

We gave a pass along card and had a short conversation with a deaf guy!  I've started to contributing a little to the lessons. I can follow the direction the lessons are going, but it's hard to jump in because I don't want to say something wrong or totally random. But I've become more confident in my Español. 

We had 2 rock star lessons this week.  One family had received a lesson or two already and were showing promise.  They were invited to be baptized but didn't commit and the dad said he haven't ever felt the Spirit before. So we went in with the goal of teaching what the Spirit was. Then BOOM! The lessons was awesome and super spiritual.  I even contributed to the lesson too.  At the end they knew what we said was true and it was nothing we said, but "something more..." Ya it was awesome.

Te amo ustedes mucho! La Iglesia de Jesucristo es verdadero!


Elder Nathan Benson



No comments:

Post a Comment